PINOT GRIGIO Marca Trevigiana IGT
Pinot gris is the result of a bud mutation of the Pinot
noir variety, of which it has preserved almost all characteristics,
except for the colour of the grapes.
Tradition has it that Pinot grapes were first imported
from Burgundy by General Emilio di Sambuy, who planted
them in his estate near the town of Cuneo. Pinot gris
is currently widely grown in Trentino Alto Adige, Friuli,
Lombardy and Piedmont.
Classical white vinification. Fermentation occurs inside
steel vats at controlled temperature, where selected yeasts
are added. At the end of alcoholic fermentation, the
wine is left in contact with the yeasts for a suitable
period of time.
- Effective alcohol level: % vol. 13.00 +/- 0.50
- Sugar: g/l less than 2.7
- Total acidity: g/l 5.50 ± 0.50
- Colour: Pale straw yellow with greenish shades.
- Aroma: Fruity when young; it has a clear aroma of toasted
almonds, dried hay and nut hulls when close to 1 year of
- Flavuor: Lean-bodied and tasty; it has a balanced acidity and a
- 1 g of alcohol: 7 Kcal
- 1 l of dry wine at 10°: 600 Kcal
- 1 g of sugar: 4 Kcal.
- Serving suggestions: A commendable choice for the entire meal, and an excellent
companion to fish and poultry courses.
- Serving temperature: at 10-12° C.
- Storage: Store in a cool place, away from the light and heat.
- Packing and marketing: 0.750-l glass bottles inside boxes of 6 or 12 bottles each.
Palletised in europallets:
50 boxes with 12 bottles each (10 per layer);
100 boxes with 6 bottles each (20 per layer).